Introduction



  I set up my Dream Vacation as a restaurant menu with choices for Appetizers, the Main Course, and Dessert. The Appetizer will set the palate for the Main Course: It is where I will get a "taste" of a specific region. The purpose of the Main Course is to build off my Appetizer and enjoy one of the three regions in more depth: to linger, embellish the senses, and lose oneself in the experience. Finally, the Dessert compliments or completes my dream vacation.





Where? I organized my Dream Vacation as a menu so that my partner and I can choose the destination and type of vacation that we want to have. The menu consists of regions that I dream of visiting: The South Pacific, French Polynesia, and the Caribbean. All locations are in exotic tropical climates and have gorgeous beaches...a combination that is essential for my Dream Vacation!

With whom? My significant other

When? Ideally, I will go on my Dream Vacation in the next 10 years, before I settle down and have children. The exact time will depend on when we can get time off work and the availability of the funds!


How to get there? In my vacation Appetizer we will take an airplane to the port of departure. From there, we will take a luxury cruise to tour either the French Polynesia, the South Pacific or the Caribbean. For the Main Course, we will take a plane from the the city of the port of departure back to the Island that we choose to explore in more depth.

 

Accommodation For the first part of my Dream Vacation, we will sail on a luxury cruise in order to see as much as the region as possible in a two week period. The second component of the Dream Vacation, the main menu, will consist of a week-long stay at a luxury resort. 

Budget The total maximum budget for my Dream Vacation will be approximately $15000/person. This will account for an Appetizer budget of $10,000/person and a main course budget of $5000/person. This budget will account for our travel, accommodation, food and activities. The budget for Dessert is unknown!